Any object that has a temperature above absolute zero -273.15 degrees Celsius emits radiation in the infrared region. Even ice cubes emit infrared radiation as they are well above absolute zero. The difference in range in temperature that the camera detects is shown as colours highlighting the cold and warm areas of the building.
We use a Flir E60bx camera with has a 240 by 320 detector and thermal sensitivity with can detect 0.045 of a degree in temperature change. Together with our extech moisture meter an inspection with our thermal imaging camera can help visualize.
- Heat loss
- Detect missing or defective insulation
- Source air leaks
- Find moisture in floor and walls
- Detect mould and badly insulated areas
- Highlight areas at risk of condensation
- Locate under floor heating and leaks
- Detect air locks and sludge build in radiators
- Check the temperature of radiators to see if they are balanced correctly
All the above problems can lead to damp and mould growth in your home and this is why we recommend thermal imaging your property so we can clearly show you where the problems are located and how you can fix them.